CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wow! What a Weekend!

This weekend was a complete disaster...for me anyway! It all started when I got home from school on Friday. I was feeling like I had a slight sore throat so I decided to take a Zyrtec (thinking it was allergies) so that it would hopefully go away. I went to bed and was feeling chilly even when I was covered up, but I thought nothing of it. The next morning when Clay got up at 4:00 a.m. to go to work I was burning up! I took my temperature and had 100.8 degree fever! I quickly took some Tylenol and tried to go back to sleep. By this time my throat had gotten a little worse. I spent the whole day Saturday with fever...it fluctuated throughout the day. After the game Clay and his mom brought me some dinner from Quiznos. I was starved, so I ate every bit of it. About an hour later it was coming back up again...and again...and again...and again...and again! I threw up 5 times before I went to sleep at 9:30 on Saturday night. The next morning I woke up and threw up again. By this time I was so weak because I had nothing in my stomach because I couldn't keep anything down. I took a bath so that I could go to the doctor. Clay had to help me dry my hair...it was awful! As soon as I got dressed we headed to the doctor. We waited about 30 minutes to actually see the doctor, but when he came in it was all worth it. He diagnosed me quickly with strep throat and sent me on my way with 3 prescriptions. I have been taking them religiously since Sunday and I am feeling tons better! I stayed home from work yesterday so I could get my strength back. I went back today and felt like going back home as soon as I got there, but stuck it out and started feeling much better by lunch time. Needless to say, my weekend was not a restful one! Clay was such a great "nurse" throughout all this and I couldn't have gotten better so quickly without him! :)

2 comments:

JMob said...

appreciate the love

Megan said...

And what "love" was I supposed to give you? You didn't really do much for me. You offered to go to the store....did I miss something???