Well....I heard from the Caldwell principal yesterday...another rejection. Which I was preparing myself for already after I saw the position was removed and I hadn't heard back from her since my interview. At least she called. There have been times I haven't even gotten that much. I wanted to ask her point blank what I needed to do to improve....but I ended up just saying "thanks, bye." instead. I have an interview tomorrow with another local charter school. To my knowledge they only have around 100 students in grades K-12. I asked the superintendent what position I would be interviewing for and she said it would be a Language Arts position for multiple grades ranging from 4-8. Boy, that not the ideal position! The development and needs of 4th graders are so much different than 8th graders. How would I be expected to "teach to the test" when I am dealing with 4 different grades. We shall see how the interview goes. I have a list of questions I am prepared to ask in the interview to find out if they are a possibility for me. I feel like they have to be an ideal match for me just like I have to be an ideal match for them. I don't feel like I should take a job if it will be a miserable situation.
I emailed my former principal today updating her on my situation and asking if she would be able to write me a letter of recommendation. She said she would be glad to! So these next couple of weeks I will be in the process of putting together a mini-porfolio with my info in it. I plan on taking the portfolio to any other interviews that I might receive. I'm currently trying to find out any information I can on what to include in the portfolio. I have found a couple of ideas, but some people say include this, while others say don't. So I am going to have to decide what is most important, and especially what is going to make me STAND OUT! I need to find a way to make it cute and creative without being over the top...and without spending a gazillion dollars.
Other than that, we are slowly but surely unpacking boxes and finding special places for things we don't need at the moment. Clay is finishing up his last 3 days of classes until his finals next week. I will be so glad when our nights aren't spent with me watching the Astros (alone) and Clay studying Biology and reading adolescent literature! Until next time...
顎関節症や悪い噛み合わせはどこで治すの?
9 years ago

1 comments:
hang in there meg
Post a Comment