CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hallelujah...I have a job!!!

Well, it finally happened....I HAVE A JOB!!!! I have gone through 5 interviews and waited all summer, but I finally got one! This is nothing short of God's handy work! In a nutshell here is the story...

I was sitting at home yesterday going between the computer and the TV as I have been doing all summer long when I get a phone call. It was the principal from Caldwell (who called last week to tell me they had filled the position I interviewed for 2 weeks ago) asking me if I had signed a contract anywhere yet. I of course said no, and she proceeded to say they have another opening for a 3rd grade Reading teacher. She said she didn't have a letter of resignation yet, but would probably be calling tomorrow (today) to offer me the job after she checked my references. Needless to say I couldn't express my excitement and gratitude enough on the phone. I was trying to downplay my excitement, but it was a little hard. So I waited by the phone all day today with my mind wandering in a million different directions. Then my phone rang...it was her offering me the job! So, I now have a job! I will be teaching 3rd grade Reading at Caldwell Intermediate School. I will also have a partner that will teach Math, Science, and Social Studies. This will be similar to my student teaching experience, which I enjoyed, but it will of course be 3rd grade and I will focus on Reading. I am not sure who my partner is, but I am nevertheless excited about this year! After I interviewed in Caldwell, I felt like I was supposed to be there. The grade level set-up was ideal for me (having a partner teacher) after what I went through last year. I will also have the opportunity to plan with the rest of the 3rd grade Reading teachers, so that will be so nice. I no longer have to plan for a subject I know little about...i.e. Science! I hope this proves to be a great year! I know I am excited for what God has in store for Clay and me as I am able to teach closer to home, and as he graduates and starts working full-time at 12th Man Productions. God promises that He will take care of us and never leave us, and He has proved that yet again! God is so good! This verse just came to mind, and I think it fits very well here...

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 4:19

So why was I worrying???? :) Until next time....

2 comments:

Velma said...

AWESOME!!! I'm very excited for you!! Having a job takes all the stress away - or most - or some - or whatever! But yeah!!!! I hope it goes well for you!!! Congrats!

Nic Burleson said...

Congrats Meg! Awesome stuff!