CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Days....

Well, school has officially started and I am pretty much back into the swing of things. I had two weeks of teacher inservice, which let me tell you it was definitely not enough time to prepare myself or my classroom for what was coming yesterday! Yesterday was insane! No matter how much I tried to be organized I quickly figured out something was about to throw a kink in my organization.

First thing Monday morning the kids started showing up at 7:30. I got there at 7:20 which definitely was not enough time to get the days things ready, or prepare myself mentally! It was a whirlwind from the second they walked in the door until I left at 5:00. It was crazy! So much to do, so much to explain, take up, pass out, etc....just absolutely crazy! But I survived to do it all over again today! Today was definitely less hectic....MUCH LESS! It was definitely more layed back as far as how much there was to do. After these first two days I must say I am really looking forward to this year! My kids are all well-behaved for the most part. Some of them will have some slip-ups, but for the most part I don't forsee anything major (i.e. referrals). Nothing like what I dealt with last year that is for sure! These kids are practically angels compared to my 4th graders last year! My fellow 3rd grade teachers are awesome also! They are willing to do anything to help me out! Which is so nice...I feel so blessed because I didn't have that luxury last year! And let me tell you it is definitely a luxury! The Reading teachers are planning the first 6 weeks lessons for the other new 3rd grade Reading teacher and me, which is SO nice! It is such a relief to have the weeks lessons handed to you and all the materials that go along with it! After the 1st 6 weeks we will begin planning a portion of the lesson, which will also be nice. I came from working in a horrible environment to this....I feel so blessed! It is an amazing feeling to be able to leave school in a good mood. (and only have to drive 30 minutes to get home!) Most days last year I couldn't say that.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this year! I have great 3rd grade teachers to work with (including my partner teacher who's awesome!), well-behaved kids (for the most part), and a supporting administration! All three of those combined should make for a great year! I will definitely keep this up to date on my daily happenings as much as my time allows. Until next time....

0 comments: